Stop torturing yourself each morning as you wrestle with a tangled wired earphone. There is a limit to being frustrated and this is it! Bid goodbye to wired headphones and usher in the new generation of wireless headphones, earphones, and earbuds.
It is not just the need to be free of wires but also to embrace the new breed of phones which have bid goodbye to headphone jacks that you must own a pair of wireless earbuds.
There is a dire need for good quality Bluetooth enabled headphones which are better than their predecessors and have overcome the common enemies in the form of poor connectivity, battery life, and noise cancellation features.
If you don’t want to be left behind then go ahead and get yourself the best wireless earbuds around.
What! Don’t you know what to look for in the best wireless earbuds? Fret not; you are at the right place we will take you through this fascinating journey of discovering the art of listening to sounds the way they are meant to be enjoyed.
What is the purpose of a pair of wireless earbuds?
Clarity of purpose is half the job done. Knowing the reason you need a wireless earbud is the beginning of your quest for the ultimate companion on the road. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Why do you need a wireless earbud? Do you need it just for listening to music or you want it to have some more features – many of the higher end models come with heart rate tracking abilities.
- Where will you be using them? Will you use them for active sports or just for recreational listening?
- Do you want to be able to make and receive calls on it?
- Do you want something that is small and compact and easy to carry when traveling?
7 things your wireless earbuds must have
To begin with, don’t be deceived by looks. Yes, it is necessary for your hearing devices to look cool and fancy but not at the cost of performance. Therefore, here are a few criteria that will help you choose a good pair of earbuds.
- Comfort: Remember earbuds fit compactly into your ear and this makes it essential that they are comfortable and stable. You must not experience any kind of pain or discomfort when you fit them in your ear nor should they keep falling off as you go about your routine. Some earbuds come with wings and they are more stable as they can be secured to the ear.
- Sound quality: This is one of the most determining factors when you buy a wireless headphone or earbud. It is in this area that the wired listening devices score and wireless devices fail. All Bluetooth devices come with a codec, an algorithm, which helps transfer data. The type of codec will determine the quality of sound. The standard Bluetooth Codec is the very basic technology that is known to be inconsistent and with mediocre audio quality. AAC and aptX have better transmission rate and better sound quality. The only thing you must check before you go for the higher codec is to determine if it is compatible with your phone or any other device with which you wish to use the earbuds.
- Battery life: What’s the use of a fancy earbud if it dies even before you have warmed up for your exercise or stepped out for your regular routine? Battery life of the earbud is one crucial aspect that you cannot neglect. You must, to begin with, being, aware of the time you will use your earbuds and then choose a pair with matching battery life. Pay attention to the following three points :
- What is the play time? It is the time the earbud can be used after a full charge. Normally all models have a playtime of 7 hours. But when your earbuds come with additional features like heart rate tracker more charge will be consumed and
- battery life is reduced.
- Standby time? This is the amount of time when the earbud has a charge when it is not being used before it is due for the next charge; as you know, all batteries drain charge even when not in use. This time varies from model to model
- Charge time? This is the time the battery takes to get fully charged. This usually takes one to two hours based on the battery.
- Portable charging case: The whole purpose of a wireless earbud is defeated if it doesn’t come with a portable charging case. It is very convenient to charge your earbuds whenever they are out of gas anywhere and anytime.
- Active noise cancellation: The main reason you chose a wireless earbud is to avoid all external noise and focus on your music or a call. The active noise cancellation feature is a must on all wireless earbuds as it not only filters external noise but it allows you to listen to music at low volumes and thus protect your hearing as well.
- User-friendly: There are so many brands and types of earbuds each with its own kind of software and features. Some of the earbuds are really simple to pair with your devices and you can start using them almost instantaneously while others are more complex and require you to download apps and do a host of things before you are up and going. Choose a product that is suitable for your taste and ability to understand technology. It makes no sense to waste time each time to sync your earbuds with your phone.
- Budget: Don’t be penny wise and pound foolish. While it is a fact that the higher the price the better the quality, you need not go beyond your means. There is a plethora of choice in the market where value and cost are well balanced. Do not go for too cheap products because not only will the sound quality, make and durability be bad but it might affect your ears in the long run.
It is important that you spend your money wisely and buy a product that is comfortable, safe and satisfying. The above-mentioned features will help you select the best wireless earbuds for your listening pleasure.